Essential Worker Living is a housing program that was created to help people who work to provide critical services find housing near the neighborhoods in which they work. To determine if you are an Essential Worker, you must qualify under specific income guidelines. Please review the application checklist below to apply.
The following will need to be provided in order to complete your application:
Application fee: $50.
- Four (4) weeks of most recent consecutive paycheck stubs. And also the first pay stub of the year when GROSS and YTD amounts are the same.
- IRS form 1040 with schedule C for last 2 years (self-employed only).
- Social security award letter no more than 120 days old.
- Current statement of retirement or pension plan.
- 401k statement no more than 120 days old.
Child support verifications:
- Child Support Income Verification form from the attorney general (required whether you have received support \or not). Must not be more than 120 days old.
These documents are required to provide proof of eligibility for residency at The Exchange. There may be additional items needed that relate to your specific situation. We appreciate your cooperation in providing this documentation in order to process your application quickly.
*Note: If approved, a deposit ($150 per bedroom equals the deposit amount) is due move-in day. 1 month’s rent deposit if approved with conditions. Applicants with all forms of rental assistance are welcome.